2.25.2011

Change is....GREAT!

Well I am officially a Masshole, a Bostonian, a Beantown kid.

A few months back, prior to having any thought other than the random voices in my head, my parents came to visit me in Salt Lake City. You see, I had just signed a lease for my first ever, very own, roommate-less apartment and my parents came out to help me move in. It wasn't until we were driving through downtown when reality hit.

Through the midst of a typical conversation with my parents, my mom blurted out, "Doree, isn't it great that you live here? You always wanted to live in the big city and now you finally do!"

I about hit the fire hydrant we were passing when I heard her utter these words. I just responded, "Uh....yeah." But I was dying inside, thinking, Salt Lake City is not a big city, this is not my dream, I've already been here 2 years longer than I wanted to be, help!

Anyway, my parents left, I unpacked my boxes, a few weeks passed, I quit my job in Salt Lake, I repacked my boxes, and I got a job in another city. This time I made sure it was a big city, a city which I am pleased to be the newest resident of, a city I am so excited to explore and embrace as my new home, a city called Boston.

I couldn't feel more blessed or more excited about this next step in my life!

1 comment:

  1. :) I am so excited to see what unfolds in Boston for you, Dor!

    ReplyDelete