3.04.2010

Hair, Hair, Hair

As many of you know, I have very long, pin-straight hair. I think my hair is so long because I got it cut short once and absolutely hated it, so I refused to get it cut ever again. Well, this lasted for a while until I started getting annoyed with the length of my hair. I promised myself that if I ever got the chance to donate my hair to "Locks of Love," I would. Welp, it was time. I mentally prepared myself to go in and get 10 inches (base requirement) cut off and end up with a fabulous mid-length style.

So today after work, I went to a salon downtown and asked for *the best* stylist I could get. I got this man who had been working there for 10 years, so I trusted him. I basically told him that I wanted to wash and dry my hair and cut ONLY 10 inches off and then keep the length. After that, I told him he could do whatever he wanted, as long as, he kept the length. Welp, time passed and then he finally spun me around in my chair. I was shocked to witness not only 12 inches of ponytale laying on the counter, but another 2-4 inches laying on the ground! Seriously. The back of my head is shorter than short and then I have random long pieces in the front.

As much as I hate my hair. I loved the experience. It was something that I've always wanted to do, and I did it! It's fun to have a drastic change and I know it will grow back. I figure that this is one thing that I could do so easily for someone else. So if you have more than 10 inches of hair and are ready for a new do- donate!!! It's super easy and very rewarding.


(And yes... this was taken after the make-up was cried off.)

2 comments:

  1. DAAAAAAANNNNNGGGGGGGG
    You donated to Locks of Love, that's so fab! I can't beleive you cut your hair, I like it though! Now you will REALLY look like a high-fashion editor a la Devil Wears Prada with your cut and glasses!

    Serious side-eye to that stylist, though! What else can, "Cut 10 inches only and keep the rest of the length" possibly mean? Argh!

    It still looks good! So happy for you:-D

    ReplyDelete